The award winning Cronus Magnum has garnered an enviable reputation
in the high end audio world. Even at its attainable price, it outperforms
other integrated amps costing many times more. The pure tube design
provides a smooth, almost liquid sound that has made this amp a
reviewer favorite. With circuitry borrowed from our most advanced
amplifier designs, the Cronus Magnum's 100WPC effortlessly reproduces
even the most demanding musical passages.
The Magnum III features a number of exciting new upgrades.For vinyl enthusiasts the phono section has been completely redesigned to accommodate both MM and MC cartridges. Two gain settings provide for 45dB and 60dB of gain so you can now use either high or low output cartridges. The phono also has five individual load settings so you can fine tune the phono for optimal results.
A Triode/Ultralinear switch allows for on the fly switching between Ultralinear operation and pure triode. Ultralinear offers the most power and a commanding grip on the bass while triode provides a slightly softer and more romantic sound.
A completely new headphone circuit is based around MOSFET buffers capable of massive current sourcing. The design is basically a simplified single ended version of our RH-5 headphone amplifier and puts out enough power to drive the most difficult headphones for clean crisp personal audio.
The line stage has been improved and has an amazingly low noise floor for a completely black background for your listening.
a technical standpoint the Cronus uses a triode preamplifier coupled
to our excellent Atlas Magnum power amplfier. A large oversized
linear power supply stores tremendous energy for low frequency response
and dynamic headroom. The tube circuitry is cutting edge with short
signal paths exacted in a low noise design. Finally, precision components
are used to provide the transparency and air that are so critical
to accurate musical reproduction.
For a fun video created by Brooks Berdan, Ltd. (click
A few of the many terrific reviews of the Cronus Magnum...
Magnum II- Enjoy The Music (click
Magnum II- The Headphone Guru (click
Magnum in The Absolute Sound (click
see just how easy it is to bias a Cronus (click here)
Download product literature here
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
- General Features and Specifications:
- 20Hz-30KHz bandwidth
- 4 and 8 ohm transformer taps
Slow start turn on sequencing
- Massive high storage linear (!) power supply
- (2) 12AX7, (3) 12AU7, (4) KT120 output tubes
- Gold plated RCA inputs
- Gold plated binding posts
- Machined aluminum faceplate
- 4 inputs (phono, line 1,2,3)
- 45/60 dB gain phono input +/- 0.1 dB 20Hz - 20KHz
- 2W Headphone amplifier
- Aluminum remote with volume and mute
- Buffered variable outputs (great for subwoofers)!
- Active outputs for subwoofer or biamping
- 4 RCA inputs (phono, line1, line 2, line3)
- All precision components
- Heavy (2 ounce) copper circuit board
- Full tube cage/cover (optional)
- Fully tested, burned-in, and auditioned
- Detachable IEC power cord
- 18" W x 17.5"D X 6.75" H (actual)
- 25" W x22"D X 11" H x 55 LBs (shipping dimensions)
- power requirements: 120V/240V - 50/60Hz
- Entirely designed and hand built in the USA
subject to change without notice